2011/12/21

YES! I’M A FEMINIST.. SO WHAT?

“I’m not angry because I’m feminist..  I’m a feminist because I’m angry.”

It’s not a bad thing to be a female, to be feminine or to be a feminist. There are no buts. If as women we don’t believe that, then who will? 

“I support women’s rights, so am I really a feminist?”

“I like wearing make-up, so am I really a feminist?”

“I’m really into fashion, so am I really a feminist.. ?”

Of course ..! As the answer is always YES!

We wouldn’t be in the position like we are today and have the position and freedom to continue to fight for equality for all women. Don't afraid to admit yourself for being feminist. Is it because embarrassed of the negative stigma that surrounds the label? Don't you mind what other people say. Just be proud of yourself!

I still remember when I was working as a waitress in restaurant.. It was the time I just finished high school.. At first everything was fine.. until the time I felt disgusted after being humiliated by some men who look down on me just because I’m young, naïve, and uneducated.. I knew I was only a waitress, but I do have my own pride and dignity.. At least respect me as a woman! They shouldn’t have had to treat me like a slut, because I’m not!!

There was this Indian fellow who always came to the restaurant where I worked, and he seemed such a nice guy.. Until this one time I received an SMS from my cell phone.. It was an unknown number telling that he’s interested in me and wanted to know each other.. I didn’t know how the hell did he get my number..! But my instinct told me that I knew this must be that Indian guy! I just knew it was him. Because I noticed from the way he looked at me, talked to me.. And it crept me out..

The next day, I was surprised when a florist came to the restaurant, sending me a bouquet of pink roses.. No, didn’t like it because it wasn’t from a person that I really knew.. Even though I knew who exactly sent those roses was.. And 1 more thing, I just figure it out that he was more than 20 years older than me.. Eww, I hate old men flirting with younger females! He finally showed himself up.. And my instinct was right after all.. ;)

I hate it because I knew he wasn’t sincere to befriend with me.. Flowers can’t buy me! Because I am much more than that..

Besides, who knows that he might be already married.. I don’t want to get myself involved with men who are married.. then being accused of trying to destroy their marriage..

I realized that the restaurant I worked for, wasn’t the right place to find good a man.. Most of them treated me disrespectfully. 

All guys act good in front of you at first. To capture your attention.. Many girls lose their virginity in young age.. Because they wanna experience it.. and what make it worse, they gave themselves to the wrong person.. Then they regret it.. Women always get used for sex and dumped!

You know what MOSTLY men usually want? They want sex, sex, sex, and more sex like there’s nothing else they can think of. Their main aim was just to have sex. It is not so rare to find a good guy, no bullshitting, caring, sincerely loves you.. it is just that they're HARD to find.

My parents had educated me to be a nice person.. To be a well respected woman.. And that’s what I am today..

And to those girls out there…

please make a guy WAIT before you sleep with him. Trust me, it'll reveal so much about his character and his true intentions toward you. And in case if he's not happy to wait, then you'll only be losing a jerk.  ;)

to be continued!!!



1 comment:

  1. kebanyakkan lelaki mmg jenis yg mcm 2 maria tp setengah je lah yg separuh lg x lah yg mcm maria katakan......

    ReplyDelete