2011/12/23

I LOVE DURIAN!!

Yeay! This year's durian season has just started.  Many stalls have already opened and started selling the king of fruits. Recently, I bought it together with my mom.. ;) Not too cheap yet not too expensive..


I wanna share my funny experience about durian.. It was a story about a foreigner that loves durian sooo much!  I wasn’t sure if he’s American or British..

That time I went to work by train.. I saw many foreigners like almost everyday.. ;) But what made this 1 white guy caught my attention, he brought a plastic that contain lots of durian in it.. It amazed me.. Because as far as I know, most  people who are live in America, Europe, East Asia, South Africa, etc.. hate durian.. They hate it because of the smell which they are not used to..

So, he sat a few rows facing in front of me. I just stared at him because he was fun to look at.. J The train was going to depart shortly.. After few minutes, I saw him slowly took out a small tupperware.. I wondered what was in it.. He opened and guess what… It was DURIAN.. :D

I was like, WOW! Finally I can see a Westerner eating durian.. I was waiting to see his response.. Will he like it..? Surprisingly, he was okay with that fruit.. He kept on eating until a chaotic situation happened.. Some foreigner didn’t seem like the smell and I saw all of their “Damn! What’s that smell?” faces.. Haha.. ;p

Suddenly, an officer came and talked politely to that guy.. He explained that he received a complaint regarding the unpleasant smell that spreads in the train.. He ordered him to keep the food and clean himself up..  Oh poor that guy.. He just started to enjoy the delights of durian.. But I smiled at him just to let him know that it was okay of eating durian.. J

And because of that, the train being delayed for almost 30 minutes.. - just to get rid of the smell-

The problem with most people is they have set their minds to hate the King of All Fruits! Come on, you should try before you judge.. It’s delicious!! Trust me.. ;)

Anthony Bourdain, a famous television celebrity also a durian lover!  Even though he said that your breath would smell as if you'd been French-kissing your dead grandmother... Haha.. No!! He was over exaggerating it.. The smell wasn’t that BAD actually.. I enjoy eating durian together with the smell.. ;)


For starters, maybe you guys should try the ice cream and cake first.. J



And remember, after eating durian, you guys need to drink lots of water.. Just to prevent yourself from having a fever the next day.. Do not ever taking alcoholic drinks while eating durian, it may cause complications and death.. Only plain water.. J

No comments:

Post a Comment